It’s almost time for Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon! This event is hosted by some fantastic and talented women. Read more about them and the event by clicking here. There’s a lot of great information about the history and purpose of this event, so make sure to click around on the site. Also, the event is celebrating TEN YEARS! I’ll use a phrase the kids are using and say I’m shook. That’s how big of a deal this is.
As the event states, it’s 24 hours of reading. That means if it’s 7AM Central Time, October 21 – 7AM Central Time, October 22, I will most likely be in readathon mode. I’m sure I’ll sleep at some point and pick up reading again throughout Sunday, but for the most part I’ll be reading.
I hope to participate in a Twitter chat, mini-challenges, and update posts, but my main goal is to be reading. Now, time for the best part: books!
My Readathon List:
1. On Tyranny by Timothy Snyder
2. Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig
3. What It Means When a Man Falls from the Sky by Lesley Nneka Arimah
4. Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
5. Midnight Without a Moon by Linda Williams Jackson
6. Don’t Call Us Dead by Danez Smith
What are YOU reading this weekend?