Hello, friends! I’ve made it to the halfway mark in Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon! How’s everyone else doing? I might take a nap when it gets a little later due to my challenge at Hour 21, but for now I’m ready to keep reading.
Now, time for a mid-event survey…
1. What are you reading right now?
I’m about to start Stag’s Leap by Sharon Olds.
2. How many books have you read so far?
I have read 2.5 books. I took a break from The Fire This Time because it’s a slow read due to the subject matter and I didn’t want to rush through it. I’ll get back to it later tonight or tomorrow.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I’m ready for Sharon Olds!
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
I’ve taken a few breaks for meal/snack prep/eating and other things like taking book photos, but I consider that all to be part of the readathon more than interruptions.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
I’m always surprised and thrilled by the number of participants! I love how we all get together for a day of reading and nerding out. You are all pretty damn great.
Hope every is enjoying the readathon! Time to get back to some more poetry.