Welcome to Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon! This event is hosted by some fabulous women. Read more about them and the event by clicking here. There’s a lot of great information about the history and purpose of this event, so make sure to click around on the site.
There are almost 1,800 readers (last I checked) participating, so this is kind of a big deal. And as the event states, it’s 24 hours of reading. That means if it’s 7AM Central Time, October 17 – 7AM Central Time, October 18, I will most likely be in readathon mode. I’m sure I’ll sleep at some point and pick up reading again throughout Sunday, but for the most part I’ll be reading.
I hope to participate in a Twitter chat, mini-challenges, and update posts, but my main goal is to be reading. Now, to the most important part…
My Readathon List:
1. Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger (reread)
2. The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
3. The Diamond As Big As the Ritz by F. Scott Fitzgerald
4. The Prince and Other Writings by Niccolo Machiavelli
5. The Kill Order by James Dashner
6. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
7. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
8. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (reread)
9. Shutter, Volume One by Joe Keatinge and Leila Del Duca
10. Rat Queens, Volume One by Kurtis J. Wiebe and Roc Upchurch
I’m always fond of variety, hence the massive stack. I don’t expect to read all of these books. I’ll be lucky to get through half of them. Regardless, variety is key for me.
You can find me on Twitter (@jmillwanders) for random updates and shenanigans.
Happy reading to all participants!
What are YOU reading this weekend?