Welcome to Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon! This event is hosted by some fabulous women. Read more about them and the event by clicking here. There’s a lot of great information about the history and purpose of this event, so make sure to click around on the site.
With (about) 1,700 readers participating, you know this event is going to be huge. I remember it being a big deal last fall with over 900 readers. And as the event states, it’s 24 hours of reading. That means if it’s 7AM Central Time, April 25 – 7AM Central Time, April 26, I will most likely be in readathon mode. I’m sure I’ll sleep at some point and pick up reading again throughout Sunday, but for the most part I’ll be reading.
I hope to participate in a Twitter chat, mini-challenges, and update posts, but my main goal is to be reading. Now, to the most important part…
My Readathon List:
1. Young Jane Austen by Lisa Pliscou
2. Down and Out in Paris and London by George Orwell
3. The Book of Unknown Americans by Cristina Henriquez
4. A Short Autobiography by F. Scott Fitzgerald
5. The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
6. Boy, Snow, Bird by Helen Oyeyemi
7. Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
8. The Tenth Man by Graham Greene
9. Saga, Volume One by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples
10. Saga, Volume Two by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples
I know I won’t get through all of these books, but it’s nice to have a little variety. I’m mostly sticking to literary fiction, but I have a couple graphic novels and non-fiction books on the stack as well. I hope to get through at least five books this time around.
You can find me on Twitter (@lostgenreader) for random updates and shenanigans.
Happy reading to all participants!
What are YOU reading this weekend?