Welcome back for another round of Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. You can read more about Top Ten Tuesday and its previous topics here.
Up this week: Inspiring Book Quotes
Don’t we all love a good quote? I especially love the inspiring ones. This topic covers anything from quotes that inspire you, challenge you, make you think, or encourage you. I won’t give any big explanations this time around. I think the quotes speak for themselves. In no particular order…
1. “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
2.“It isn’t what we say or think that defines us, but what we do.” – Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
3. “My advice is, never do tomorrow what you can do today. Procrastination is the thief of time.” – David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
4. “If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” – Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
5. “If you don’t try at anything, you can’t fail… it takes back bone to lead the life you want” – Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates
6. “I can’t go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.” – Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
7. “There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” – Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
8. “If you look for perfection, you’ll never be content.” – Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
9. “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” – Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
10. “What is the point of worrying oneself too much about what one could or could not have done to control the course one’s life took? Surely it is enough that the likes of you and I at least try to make our small contribution count for something true and worthy. And if some of us are prepared to sacrifice much in life in order to pursue such aspirations, surely that in itself, whatever the outcome, cause for pride and contentment.” – The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
Be sure to check back next week for another round of Top Ten Tuesday.
What is/are your favorite inspirational quote/s?