The 2015 TBR Pile Challenge is hosted yearly by Adam (Roof Beam Reader). This event is perfect for bloggers who have an overwhelming list of To Be Read (TBR) books. For people like me (and most of you), this means overflowing bookshelves and books stacks on the floor, couches, desks, tables, or really anywhere they can fit.
This challenge offers a solution! It involves reading 12 books throughout the year that have experienced too much shelf time without being dusted off and enjoyed. If you want to join in the fun, stop by Adam’s blog and sign up.
I’ll admit that I’ve been rather awful with this challenge in the past. You see, I’m a book blogger who rarely reviews the books I’m reading. Pretty tragic, right? I managed to read most of the books from the 2014 TBR Pile Challenge, but I didn’t get around to reviewing any of them. I’ve decided to take the four unread books from my 2014 list and add them to my 2015 list. The other eight books are new to this challenge as well as the alternatives.
One of my goals for 2015 is to actually review the books I read, so here’s to hoping that this event is more successful for me this time around.
My 2015 TBR Pile Challenge List:
1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
2. On Writing by Stephen King
3. Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
4. A Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
5. Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens
6. The Song Of Achilles by Madeline Miller
7. Quiet by Susan Cain
8. Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
9. Enduring Love by Ian McEwan
10. Where’d You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple
11. Let’s Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson
12. Astray by Emma Donoghue
1. Love In The Time Of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
2. Murder On The Orient Express by Agatha Christie
What book are you most excited to read?
What book do I need to read first?