Welcome to the 20 Books of Summer reading event! Cathy of 746 Books came up with this brilliant idea to read 20 books over the course of the summer. From now until September 6 I vow to read the 20 books on the list below. Some of these will include re-reads as I intend on getting through the Harry Potter series yet again, but everything else will be new titles. Austen in August is coming soon, so there are also a few Austen-related titles on this list.
Also, many thanks to A Passion for Dead Leaves for posting about this event.
Without further delay…
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville
- MWF Seeking BFF by Rachel Bertsche
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- Astray by Emma Donoghue
- The Children Act by Ian McEwan
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
- A Girl Is A Half-Formed Thing by Eimear McBride
- Burial Rites by Hannah Kent
- Persuasion by Jane Austen
- Old Friends & New Fancies by Sybil Brinton
- Among the Janeites by Deborah Yaffe
- Longbourn by Jo Baker
- A Jane Austen Education by William Deresiewicz
Let the fun begin!
What are YOU reading this summer?
In your opinion, what book should I have added to this list? Why?